Observing Children Moving
Observing Children Moving is a unique resource designed to enable practitioners to:
- observe and analyse children’s movement;
- enhance knowledge and understanding of stages of movement developmenpromote;
- high quality movement education and physical education for children aged 3-7 years.
Observing Children Moving includes over 90 video clips of children performing a range of movement capabilities (i.e. roll, block build, run, climb, throw, catch, write, jump, clay activity, gallop, kick, strike).
Observing and Analysing Learners’ Movement
The overall purpose of ’Observing and Analysing Learners’ Movement’ is to:
- Enable trainees, teachers and other practitioners to observe, describe and analyse learners’ movement.
- Enhance knowledge and understanding of motor development.
- Raise standards by promoting effective motor development, movement education and Physical Education.
- Assist those working with learners aged 7-14 to provide movement learning experiences that match pupil needs.
Observing and Analysing Learners’ Movement includes over 100 video clips of children performing a range of motor patterns (i.e. shot put, forward roll, javelin throw, skip, jump to catch, hockey dribble, hurdle, pair balance, turn, tuck jump off apparatus, leap, handstand and tennis serve).